Monday, February 25, 2008

Digital Enigmas



My digital paintings consist of photomanipulation, computer-generated and mixed media works, mostly colorful abstracts with a touch of the mysterious.

Digital art offers us possibilities for finding new ways of seeing, not conceived of before the computer era. New realms of vision and perception, from the everyday to more unusual phenomena, are opened up for us. Digital painting will never replace real-time, brush-and-pigment painting, but it brings us myriad new dimensions of vision, not readily attainable by traditional means alone.

But most often, as in traditional forms of painting, the meaning of an image is the meaning the viewer gives it. Ambiguity is satisfying because it calls on the viewer to engage his/her intellect and perception, and provides a unique and singular visual experience. For me, art is not about copying reality, but about providing the exhilaration of this new visual experience. I hope you enjoy looking at my work.

You might be interested to know that these images originated in my washing machine. Yes, I took pictures of our laundry-in-process, and transformed them into these images. Hopefully you will find some fascination in them, as I did in engaging my own "art of seeing."

The above images are "Seeking the Spirit" and "Celerian." Both images copyright 2008 Lynda Lehmann. All rights reserved. If you would like to see more of my art, including painting, digital art, and photography, please visit www.lyndalehmann.com


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....