Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Street in Bussana Vecchia


Bussana Vecchia Street - Image c Lynda Lehmann

This is a street in Bussana Vecchia, a medieval village in the Ligurian Region of Northern Italy. It was once a thriving city, until the late 1800s, when it was felled by an earthquake. It became a ghost town, deserted and inhabited only by ferral cats, until a few movie stars and artists discovered it, many decades later. Now it's an international artist's colony. It's a place of charm and mystery, in which the past stares at you from every arch and alleyway. History oozes from every stone.


Here I am, standing in front of some of my prints which I just hung in a local cafe. The photo of Bussana Vecchia was the first one to sell. Witness the empty spot where it hung.

For my next post, I'll tell you about a strange synchronicity in my life, centering around this quaint and colorful citadel on a hill in Northern Italy.

ADDENDUM: I'm not in Italy at the present time, but here on Long Island, where I live. When I said "local" cafe, I meant here at home. Sorry if the way I presented this was confusing. I didn't mean to imply that I'm in Bussana Vecchia now. I wish....

All images and text c Lynda Lehmann. If you would like to view more of my art or make a purchase, please visit Lynda Lehmann Painting and Photography or my gallery at Imagekind, where you can choose from several sizes and paper types or buy my prints plain or matted and framed.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....