Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Metrimorphic III," My New Exhibit of Abstract Expressionist Paintings




These are some of the paintings I've just hung in the beautiful gallery at Harborfields Library on Long Island. My last solo show was curated, but I had to hang this one myself. My husband helped out. We hung 28 paintings in about three hours. I missed the fun and excitement of hosting an Opening Reception for this exhibit, but chose not to have one because of the time and expense involved. We have a lot going on, and I'd rather not be scattered in too many directions. (Well, to tell you the truth, we already ARE scattered!) As you know, we humans hold serenity at a high premium. It's hard to come by.

Without a reception, I won't get as much feedback. During the hanging and when I went back to fasten the labels by each painting, I did get to see some folk's reactions to my work. I'm happy that those particular people expressed a lot of enthusiasm. Especially the children who walked past with their moms. I love to hear, "Mommy, look!" in excited tones, accompanied by smiles and excited gestures. I take a simple joy in the fact that kids seem to love the colors and wild forms in some of my pieces. Maybe the child in me is still kickin' around, somewhere deep inside?

By the way, I have a post planned on the topic of personal equilibrium and serenity, but that's for a later date. Thanks for checking out my slide show!

All images and text c Lynda Lehmann. If you would like to view more of my art or make a purchase, please visit Lynda Lehmann Painting and Photography or my gallery at Imagekind, where you can choose from several sizes and paper types or buy my prints plain or matted and framed.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....