Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Whispers and Lake Shadows



Glory Sky

Night Rhythms




Dusk

Twilight Solace


Burnished

WHISPERS AND LAKE SHADOWS

A passing loon cuts a wide swath across the lake, shining more smooth and white-silver in the expanse.
Water glows in sparkling, vast ribbons here, shimmers in tiny fish-scale patches there, moves in undulating bands of black in other places.

Where does the shimmer begin? ...Or the glow end? There are merging points invisible to me; forces incomprehensible to me; power hidden from me yet apparent by its echoes and traces.

I am not a holy person but I am surrounded by the Holy. I rejoice in my smallness and ignorance, glad that the Largess of the universe holds a place for me.

Are all these etchings of wind, current, deep-water spring, and journey, the realm of the snapping turtle and the silent bass who glides under the dock? Or do they hold a note of truth for me, as well?

--Poem c Lynda Lehmann 2010


All images and text on this blog are copyrighted material, and may be used only with written permission by Lynda Lehmann, except where syndication rights have been granted. All other rights reserved. Please visit my primary art site www.lyndalehmann.com if you would like to see my paintings and more of my photography and digital art.

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....