Monday, March 31, 2008

Light Through Time



Time will not wait, but takes its toll.

Boughs break, rivers thin
and bend their banks,
our faces fade and line.
Seasons change with paradigms,

our knowledge never sure.
Yet sunlight melds through ages past
while seas still lick the shore.

Stories spill
in textured light,
paint peals past eon's
weather and woe,

while we seek answers
not attained.

So time's impassive
march must go.

Image and text c 2008 Lynda Lehmann. All rights reserved.

Thank you, Blogging Friends, for reading my poem. Though I know little of writing poetry, I'm attempting to compose pieces that relate to my images and at the same time have some meaning. I hope they will resonate on a tiny note of truth for my readers. I welcome your feedback and discussion!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....