Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Serendipity: The Unexpected Beauty of Peach-Colored Irises and Pink Peonies

Precious Peony - Image c Lynda Lehmann


Peachy Petals - Image c Lynda Lehmann


I had the pleasure of finding these blooms on a recent walk. Some days I find only spent or wilted flowers, but this past Monday, my luck was good. I felt blessed to encounter these lush specimens at the peak of their glory! I shot with a small aperture for depth of field, because of the depth of the blossoms. Hope you enjoy them!

I'd like to dedicate them to Janice Thompson at Drinking the Moon. Janice is bedridden with a bad bout of arthritis. I'm sure she'd love to have our visits to her blog to see her lovely poetry and nature images, and that would cheer her a little when she's able to get up. I hope you feel better soon, Janice!

I'll be busy building a cabin into a house this summer, with my husband, so you'll probably see less of me here on the blogosphere. But I'll try to post and comment, although maybe less often. I couldn't resist posting these beauties today. Now why doesn't MY garden look like this?


Poised in Perfection - Image c Lynda Lehmann

Images c Lynda Lehmann. If you would like to view more of my art or make a purchase, please visit Lynda Lehmann Painting and Photography or my gallery at Imagekind .


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....