Thursday, July 17, 2008

Under the Sea: from "The Living Surface" Series



I've long been interested in texture as the most ubiquitous underpinning of form. It's everywhere, on every surface of the visible world as well as in the micro world and at larger levels of the cosmos. Lately I've been concentrating on the textures of bark and the colonies of lichen and moss that grow on it. I've been lucky to find more texture on the surfaces of trees than I had dreamed I would, and I'm excited about trying to capture the variety of forms and colors I find there.

So I'm doing a new series, which I'm posting as "The Living Surface."

The colors in this shot were all present and in the distribution that you see them, on the tree. I just enhanced the contrast and colors slightly, to bring the color out. I think this shot looks like an undersea landscape, don't you?

Buy my art at ImageKind.com.

Image c Lynda Lehmann. If you would like to view more of my art or make a purchase, please visit Lynda Lehmann Painting and Photography or my gallery at Imagekind .

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....