Friday, January 4, 2008

The Colors of Bark


I had no time to blog tonight, but I couldn't help myself. When I find 20 minutes or half an hour and start to work up an image, I have to see it through. So I'm addicted to photography, Photoshop, and blogging, all at once. Many times it gets in the way of my painting, which I'm trying to keep as my first priority. Especially as I have that show coming up.


This is the bark of a palm. I found it to be such a textural treat, and full of colors and character as well, that I had to post it! I love the sunlight playing on it, making it glow and come alive for the eye! If you look closely, you can see the blue, orange, and purple tones. I'm truly coming to believe that some of the most stunning and magnificent scenes are to found in very small things, or portions of those things. And nature is the thing I like the most!


Do you find beauty in this image, or am I just blinded by the (sun) light?



If you want to see more of my photography, or my paintings, please visit
www.lyndalehmann.com
. My other sites are listed there. Thanks for stopping by!

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....