Thursday, January 17, 2008

Snowflake, Lace, Kale


I started to balance my checkbook tonight, and somehow ended up blogging about this fine botanical specimen, instead. I told you: I'm addicted to blogging! (And to photography, of course...)

This magnificent ornamental kale reflects the wonderful organization of nature, and the idea of fractals, more specifically: the idea of the forms of the parts refecting the form of the whole, and vice versa. It's amazing how each cell of a plant or animal "knows" how to differentiate itself, knows what it "wants to be," in a sense. And it certainly is a visual treat, as well! Image and text c Lynda Lehmann.

You can purchase this image matted at my www.lyndalehmann.com site. My signature will be on the mat, not directly on the print. Or you can purchase it at my Imagekind gallery--plain, matted, or framed. The link is on my home page. For poster prints, you can try my Artist Rising Gallery, also listed on my home page.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....