Sunday, January 13, 2008

She Sees No More


I took this image on a walk at a local estate. I was attracted to this pedestal in the shadows, with the expressionless face and unseeing eyes highlighted as if for emphasis, by the lack of moss or rust-colored stain in this area. The vines hanging from the top and their shadows, add a grotesque or Gothic touch, and to me, bring in the idea of longing and loss.

Is this face etched in stone in memory of a lost loved one? Is it a statement on mortality? Or on hopes of immortality? Is she a princess turned to stone by some mythic curse as punishment for her vanity? Or is she merely a pretty face, a superimposed decorative element in a lavish environment? Of course, you may draw your own interpretation! Image c Lynda Lehmann.

Printed in Canon archival inks on pro photo paper, 8 x 10 inches. Matted to 11 x 14 inches and sealed in an archival plastic sleeve to protect it until you choose a standard-size frame. My signature will appear on the mat, not on the print. Please feel free to ask about other sizes. You can view more of my art at www.lyndalehmann.com.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button


Add to Technorati Favorites

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....