Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Blaze of Autumn


I'm posting these two shots to celebrate the beauty of autumn. It's my favorite season. Crisp air, blue skies, brilliant foliage, the bounty of harvest.... To me, it's a time for joy. I don't see it as a demise or even quieting of nature, but just as a pause before winter's hush and the inevitable explosion of new life in the spring. What season do you most enjoy?

The images are "Shards and Needles" and "Burnished Leaves and Blueberries." The blueberries in the photo are the wild kind that bears like, and they were submerged in a puddle atop a granite rock in a river in New Hampshire. Prints of both are available at http://www.lyndalehmann.com/

Buy My Art!

My most popular images for sale at Shutterstock:

Comical and Endearing Bird Ritual....